Who is a class representative? What are the duties of a CR?
Who is a class representative?
A Class Representative (CR) act as a prime official channel of communication between teacher and rest of the class. It is a leadership role- a special privilege and honor. It prepares students as future leaders. CRs are entitled to a 3% M1 bonus.
Who can be a CR?
The major attributes of a CR includes
- Professional, positive and cordial outlook
- Well disciplined, responsible and understanding
- Humble- Good rapport with all students
- Good academic standing
- 90%+ attendance, timely assignments, efforts for bonus
- Understand and follow course processes and policies well
What are the duties of a CR?
- Manage Irregularities
- Communicate will the class in any form of irregularity
- When teacher is late or absent
- Improve student performance
- Connect with the students over Facebook, Phone Call and in person
- Resolve disputes among group members, resolve small issues (e.g. attendance status, course policies, marks).
- Make announcements (by email/fb) to students on tutorials, submissions, and the similar.
- Report/discuss/recommend modification in class-processes
- Support the class
- Ensuring that duster are in place and the room is in order before the class
- Maintain noise during class
- Rub off the writing on the white-board after class