Outstanding students and how they did it!
This is how Shabab Ahmed got an A- (MIS207 @ 2019 Summer) .
This is Shabab Ahmed. It has truly been a wonderful journey to be guided by Mr. Adeyl Khan in the summer 2019 semester. The course is designed to make it easier for the students. By following some strategies, students can easily get good grades. Some strategies are given below for the students:
Classes: The first task of a student is to attend all the classes, half of the task is done in the class if you stay attentive. And also by attending all the classes, you’ll get a whopping 3% bonus at the end.
GA: In this course, one GA is optional and another one is mandatory, but I’ll recommend the students to submit both of them because that will help the students in answering the Broad questions in mids and finals.
IOA: According to me the IOA’s are the most important because almost 50% of marks comes from the IOA. And by completing all the IOA’s students can easily get full marks from the MCQs and true/false section. Most of the MCQ’s and true/false questions come from the IOA.
Sample Questions: By practicing all the sample questions, you’ll surely get some questions common. And also by printing the latest paper and showing it to sir the immediate class before the exams will give you 1% bonus.
Course Website: The first thing to do is to bookmark the course website, the course website consists of all the announcements, course lectures, sample questions and many more things, in short, it has everything you need to ace this course. Also finding an error on the course website will give you 1% bonus.
Lab: You should submit all the labs including the optional labs, it will help you answer the broad questions in mids and finals & also don’t forget to bring your laptop in the lab which will give you 1% bonus.
Bonus: There are many bonuses on this course, you have to try to grab all the bonus marks. Bonuses will really help you in getting a good grade, so lookout for them.
To conclude, I would like to say that follow the instructions to make your life easy and if you have any problems regarding this course don’t hesitate to knock on the faculty's door and/or you can also contact me through Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/shababb.ahmed.5
Good luck everyone. Hope you will have an excellent journey.
This is how Annisa Islam Nidhi got an A (MIS207 @ 2019 Summer) .
I am Annisa Islam Nidhi, and I have completed the M207(E-Business) course with Mr. Adeyl Khan in Summer 2019 semester. This course focuses on the various dimensions of E-commerce. In this digital era, one needs to have sound knowledge on this field.
I have personally found this course much easier compared to the MIS107 and I believe, you will feel the same. This course is well organized- follow it and you will secure a good grade.
Classes: Do not be late in the class. Being regular and attentive will make the course material easier. Did I mention? You get a solid 3 points bonus for attending all the classes.
IOAs: Even though most of the IOAs are optional, it helps you with the MCQs in all your exams. N.B: Don’t take the offline quiz, if you have already sat for the online quiz. Doing so will result in negative marking.
Lab Assignments: The faculty will show the lab demonstration in class. You will also find lab tutorials in the Facebook group. Practice it at home and you are good to go.
Group Assignments- Completing your GAs properly will help you to answer broad questions in Mids and Finals. Although, the presentation for GAs are optional, I’d recommend you to give it for an extra 1-2 bonus points.
Exams: The exams are quite easy. Studying the IOAs and sample papers will make it seem like a piece of cake. Do not miss the review class before exam- the class solution helps you get an understanding of how to answer specific question. Also, don’t hesitate to seek help if you don’t understand anything in class.
Bonus: There are multiple opportunities to get bonus. Check the course website’s FAQ section in order to get a better idea. Try to avail all of them to get a better grade.
At the end of the day, hard work and perseverance is all you need to secure your dream grade. Best of luck! I hope my advice was helpful.
For further queries, you can contact me through Facebook.: https://www.facebook.com/annisaislamnidhi
This is how Anisha Hassan got an A (MIS207 @ 2019 Summer) .
This is Anisha Hassan. The course and the entire semester was a very pleasant experience for me. This is because even though I was not very comfortable with the Management Information System, the course information was posted in detail in the course website. The assignment, and everything else fell into place and I found it easy to keep up with.
Regardless of how tough it might seem in the beginning, it is anything but once you start to pay attention to class and the course website.
The course focused on e-commerce and all its dimensions, which is something of high importance in this digital age, and knowledge every person needs to have. The course load is finely divided throughout the semester in numerous assignments, which make it a lot simpler to complete. If you want to receive an A in this course, then this following guideline might be of help:
IOAs: Do not miss any of the IOAs. Keep up with them because completing these will not only ensure you do well here, but will also guarantee full marks in the MCQ/TF section of the midterms.
Labs: Before the exam make sure to practice a few times on your computer by sample videos or YouTube, and you’ll definitely score full here.
Sample Questions: Even though sample questions will not be repeated, practicing them gives you a clear idea of what kind of questions to expect and the answers expected. To ensure full marks in the short and broad questions, practice everything from every sample paper you get, you will not regret the time spent here.
Read the book: Class notes and slides are great, but if you truly want to understand the concepts, the slides by itself will not do justice. And this is especially helpful in answering broad questions which is one of the trickiest parts in the exams since it tests your understanding skills instead of memorizing.
Group Projects: There will be a few, and all of equal importance. Start early and give presentations will all. Be very detailed with all explanations, on both the report and slides.
Bonus: There are a lot of chances for you to pick up your grade using the bonuses, be it full attendance or extra presentations. All bonus details can be found on the website. Whatever it is, participate to make sure you get it, even if it is only 1 point. It makes all the difference.
If you require further help from my side, I am always available on my facebook here: https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100003901458739
This is how Prapty Mehzabin Zakaria got an A- (MIS107 @ 2019 Summer) .
I’m Prapty Mehzabin Zakaria. I’ve done the MIS107 (Computer Information System) course with Mr. Adeyl Khan during the summer 2019 semester. Here are some strategies I would recommend you-
- Try to be regular in class as the attendance have 3% bonus marks. Be attentive in the class.
- Keep an eye on the course website all the time as all the updates, IOAs, assignment, lab details are given here.
- Solve the previous semester questions. It will help you in the Midterms and Final. All the MCQ’s will be common if you solve the IOA’s carefully.
- After solving the questions f you have any problem, consult with the faculty in the office hours.
- Don’t miss any IOA or Lab. You have to be really punctual in Lab submission and attending IOA’s among others.
- Try to bring your laptop in lab classes and do the lab. It will help you to grab the bonuses offered by the faculty.
- Lab classes are really fun and lab exam is really very easy.
- Stay connected with the faculty and be responsive in the class.
- Give effort in group assignment and choose your group partner carefully.
- There are a lot of bonus marks. Try to grab all of them.
If you can follow these steps, this course will not be hard for you. Hope I was able to help everyone. If you want to ask anything else regarding this course you can knock me on Facebook anytime- https://www.facebook.com/praptym.zakaria
This is how Kazi Lamia Haque got an A (MIS207 @ 2019 Summer) .
I am Kazi Lamia Haque, and I have done the MIS 207 course with none other than Mr. Adeyl Khan in this Summer 2019 semester. This course mainly comprises of how recently more businesses are adopting an online approach and “E-commerce”. Though you might hear rumours that this course is difficult, but with my experience I would beg to differ.
The faculty has designed this course in a way that makes the course load far less hectic. In my experience, while the course may seem very difficult in the beginning, remaining focused and objective in the classes allowed me to score well in the exams.
GAs: While most of the GAs are optional, I would insist that you submit them. Not only will the bonus from the presentation boost your grade, but this will help you to answer broad questions in your mids and the final.
IOA: Complete all the quizzes. And most importantly don’t forget to study them before the exam. Sometimes you will find answers for the short questions in these very IOAs. And you can answer all the mcqs and true/false questions just by studying the ioas.
Sample Questions: If you want to ace the exams easily, your best bet would be to practice all the past papers. You are sure to get something in common guaranteed. Also, don’t forget to print the latest paper the immediate class before the exams to get an 1% bonus.
Course Website: The course website was very useful to me, as I found all the study material arranged in one place. Not only I found announcements which gave me a reminder, the frequently updated marksheet allowed me to remain on track. I would suggest you to familiarize yourself with the course website as you will be here very frequently for the next 4 months. Did I mention that finding errors on the website gives you a bonus of 1% towards your Midterm 2? Well it does. In the meantime, don’t forget to view the bonus policy in the FAQ section.
Lab: Attend and Submit all labs including the bonus one, trust me it will help you answer the broad questions in the exam. Also, brining the laptop awards you a 1% bonus too.
Presentation: Try to give all of them including the optional ones with most of your group members. It is an easy bonus of 1% towards your GA.
Bonus: You have the opportunity for many different kinds of bonuses to elevate your grade. I would suggest everyone to make the best use of it. Even simply attending all the classes gives you a bonus of 3% towards your final examination.
I really hope my advice was helpful to you regarding how to handle this course. It really isn’t that difficult you you are willing to put in just a bit of effort. If you still need help, feel free to contact me to Facebook at : https://www.facebook.com/lamia.haque.k
This is how Mehrub Ul Haque got an A (MIS207 @ 2019 Summer) .
Assalamu Alaikum everyone,
I am Mehrub Ul Haque. I hope you are all doing well. I did the MIS207 (E-Business) course under Mr. Adeyl Khan in the summer 2019 semester. The course is not very hard. If you worried about workloads, do not worry as the workload is significantly reduced. Most of the assignments are now optional. But to get an A, be focused and do the optional tasks. To keep focus on activities, consider keeping a note (weekly to-do list) on your phone. Trust me that will help a lot. Here are some suggestions that you may follow.
- Classes: Do not miss your class, try to attend them all as there is a bonus for it at the end of the semester. Listen well in the class and note the diagrams which will help you in your exam.
- Exams: Exams are quite easy. Please, study the sample questions of previous years from the website. Be objective and you will surely get good marks. Also the IOA, all the MCQ will be from the IOA so do those even if they are all optional. Lastly, don’t miss the review class before exam where he will discuss about some short questions and most importantly the broad question. Even after that if you do not understand something do not hesitate to get help from the faculty during office hours.
- IOAs: Even if most/all of them become optional do not miss them for the above reasons. They do not take much time. Also try to do them as they arrive, that way if there is any wrong answer you can notify the faculty about it and get bonus.
- Lab Assignments: Follow the instructions in the lab class. All you need to do is repeat the same in your home or in the lab if you can and submit it through google classroom. It is quite easy to do. In case you miss it or don’t understand something go to him during the office hours. The faculty is rather helpful.
- Group Assignments- Chose your team mates carefully. This was the challenging part for me. Do not submit your report before getting a review from the instructor. He will help you out if you did something wrong in the report. So, be sure to get your reports checked before submitting it.
- Bonus: there are several ways to get bonus in this course. Keep an eye out for them and try to get as many as you can. You can get bonus for simple things. Like brining your laptop in lab class and following the instructions, attending an extra class and so on. Try to not miss them.
Lastly, try to have enjoy the classes and do your work on time. That way you will have a fun ride throughout the course. For me, I really enjoyed the course and I found the faculty helpful. If you have any further queries you can contact me through Facebook https://www.facebook.com/mehrub.ulhaque
Good luck everyone. Hope you all have an excellent time like I did.
This is how Yaron Nezleen Amin got an A (MIS107 @ 2019 Summer) .
I am Yaron Amin , and I have done the course MIS 107 –Management Information System with Mr. Adeyl Khan in the Summer 2019 semester .I will suggest you guys to remember the following points.
- Please be regular when it comes to attending lecture. Near about 90-100%. Attendance gives you the chance to get 3 more marks at the end,that’s equivalent 1 grade !
- If possible please buy the book- Introduction to Information Systems 16th edition by George M. Marakas and James O Brien or collect the online pdf. Although the lectures and slides are good for your preparation, you must keep this book for your extra benefit.
- Although all online IOA are optional, you get an extra benefit in creating account in course website and attending those IOA’s. This is because all IOA questions are generally the questions in the exercise of your book and you get a plenty of time (often 2 days) to submit online. During the IOA’s, search the book and online for anwers.
- Bring laptop on every lab classes if possible and get 1 bonus marks
The faculty believes in professionalism. Please be as professional as possible.
- Don’t be late in classes, lab or exams .
- Please don’t cheat in exam. This will result in fails/
- After submitting your Group Assignment (GA) give your presentation in the office hours .You are not getting any bonus mark if you are missing presentations.
- Please don’t copy others while constructing the report .Again; Plagiarism is strictly prohibited.
For exams I will advice you guys to go through the previous semester’s question paper. Please solve the questions and prepare answers in notes. Solving earlier question papers gives you bonus marks. Check your answers consulting with the facylty during the office hour. You then have a huge opportunity to get more that 90% in Mids and Finals. Also, if possible include diagram .I remember– “Diagram is easy and a simple way to represent on point answers to the questions."
Although I am majoring in Economics , I find a lot of interest in Management Information Systems after I have done the course. I wish I could get his classes again. I strongly believe anybody from any department will like Management Information Systems after doing course with Mr. Khan. I think his background as an Electrical Engineer especially prepares him to teach a course like Management Information Systems. I hope that all of you will have an amazing semester. For further problems please knock me in facebook. My facebook profile link is - https://www.facebook.com/yaron.nezleen
This is how Sumaita Alim got an A (MIS107 @ 2019 Summer) .
Its an honour for me to be included in this page. I am Sumaita Alim and I got the chance to do the MIS107 course under the faculty member Mr. Adeyl Khan during the Summer 2019 semester.
With the blessings of ALLAH the almighty I got an A grade in this course . This is my journey .
Intro of the course:
This course concentrates on management in information system. Its not a very easy course but if you are regular, follow the teacher’s instructions and take notes it will be easy.
The course load:
In this course there is a number of assignments- group assignments, bonus assignments etc. So yes it has a good load in here. But it is well organized for the students and if you follow the instructions on the course website it is easy to do. There are ample time to complete the assignments. Moreover in the course websites you will find instructions on how to proceed with your work. You will also get the FAQ page in the course website where you can find answers to your questions regarding the course. The faculty makes the class interactive and has methods where he makes mind maps over different topics which makes the topic easy to understand .
All you have to do is follow the course website and the faculty instructions. Please be present in classes this will help you get the bonus.
During the exams you should follow the course website instructions on how to prepare for exams. You must solve the previous questions it will help you to score high. While studying follow the ppt files and notes.
You must not include unwanted points in the assignments. You must proceed according to the website. And be very conscious because these assignments can bring bonus points rewarded by the teacher. Be very sophisticated and professional with these assignments as our faculty is ver punctual and professional.
Hope all of you will have a great course.
This is how Raihan Noor Khan got an A (MIS107 @ 2019 Summer) .
I am Raihan Noor Khan and I've done my MIS107 (Computer Information System) course with our honourable faculty Mr. Adeyl Khan in the semester Summer 2019. I got an A. It was an exciting to do the course and here are some strategies that helped me to obtain A in this course.
- Firstly you will have to work hard.If you can work hard,trust me it will pay off.
- Attending every class is important and for that you can get bonuses as well. Every lecture is equally important.
- Follow the website on a regular basis for updates and upcoming assignments, IOA and exams.
- Pay full attention in the class and do not miss any of the IOA's. It will help you to get the relief of preparing yourself for the MID and Final exam. Because you will get 100% questions (MCQ/True or False)from the IOA's in your MID and Final.
- Try to solve the previous semester questions for getting common questions for short/broad question part.
- Submit all the GA's and LAB's on time. If you submit optional GA's and LAB's then you will also get bonus points.
- Form your group carefully. By proper team work you can do well in GA's otherwise its quite impossible to ensure a good grade.
- Make sure you bring a laptop in your lab classes to get a bonus. You must pay attention to your Lab classes otherwis you will be lost.
If you can do this you are fine enough for getting an A. Thank you all have a wonderful semester. Feel free to contact me via Facebook if you need any help.
This is how Muhtasim An-Nafi got an A- (MIS107 @ 2019 Summer) .
I'm Muhtasim-An-Nafi and I have done the "Computer Information System (MIS-107) course with Mr. Adeyl Khan as my course instructor in the Summer 2019 semester. Throughout the semester i followed some strategies and I ended up with A-.
- Follow the course website and read all the FAQs to know all the rules and requirements.
- Try to attend all the classes(100% attendance) for a 3% bonus on your final grade.
- I will recommend not to miss any of the IOAs because the quiz are quite exactly the same that you will encounter in midterms and final.
- Choose your group mates carefully for group assignments.Try to complete every single assignment and submit it on time on google classroom.The broad questions in midterms and final are from the labs and assignments so, completing group assignments are very important and you may also get 1% or 2% bonus if you complete optional assignments.
- Lab classes are fun.You will learn a lot about MS WORD, MS EXCEL, MS ACCESS etc. During the lab class just follow the instructions and bring a laptop to get 1% bonus
- Solve previous semester's question papers and try to understand the concepts. You may also get bonus points for solving the scripts.
- Visit the faculty during the office hours if you are facing any complications.
I hope i was able to helpful to you but if you still have any queries or need any help feel free to knock me on Facebook anytime.