Outstanding students and how they did it!
This is how Jahin Tasnim Arpita got an A (mis205 @ 2018 Spring) .
Hi fellow mates,
I’m Jahin Tasnim Arpita. I did the E-business (MIS205) with our respected Mr. Adeyl Khan and got an A. I also took my Computer Information System (MIS105) with him. I, not only did good with my grades but I can say that I have actually learned (experienced) the things under these syllabuses. I’m going to give you some guidelines to do well in your respective courses.
The first and foremost one is, when you enter His class just forget whatever your heard about him and his classes. Because the students who would give weak reviews are most probably those students who are weak (below average) and goes to classes only thinking that they could get good grades just by making rapport with the faculties. So just ignore those comments. And now to concentrate on your studies things you really have to follow are:
- Attend lectures daily, don’t miss classes- it describes the materials with lots of examples and other terms which really help to understand the topics. Also create a good impression to the faculty by being professional as he likes professionalism a lot and it will bring you various bonuses.
- IOAs: don’t miss any IOAs. They carry 5% of the grades. And most importantly they will cover half of your preparations for your upcoming exams.
- Lab woks: again, don’t miss labs. If you can’t understand anything about lab just visit the faculty during an office hours, he will help you to solve any problem.
- GA: for group assignments you have to work a little hard. For forming groups, if you have friends you can fill a form that’s provided in the course website, and if you don’t the faculty assigns you to a groups. As soon as you are assigned to a group make good communication with your group mates, that will make half of your works easy. For doing the assignments, just follow the terms and formats provided. The faculty really likes works that follow assignment instructions directly and shows sophistication through their work. And again, for any kind of help the faculty is the best person to go and ask. He will give you more time in the office than in the class.
- Exams: for exams just follow the class notes, slides, and IOAs (almost20/30% comes from IOAs as mcqs & true/false). Use examples to describe your answers. Don’t write anything just out of the blue (context), you will a zero for those. For preparations you should go through sample questions from previous semesters.
Last but not the least, always maintain professionalism and be active in your works. He really admires and appreciates these two things. And for any kind of help or guideline you can always go to the faculty, he is always available in his office hours.
Just try and follow these things for the class and you are good to go. The demotivating things you hear are just words from students who wants grades without any work and learning.
Best of luck. For any help or query you can knock me here: https://www.facebook.com/jahin.arpi
This is how Bushra Sajjad got an A (mis205 @ 2018 Spring) .
Hope you are doing well. I am Bushra Sajjad and I did my MIS205 course with Mr. Adeyl Khan in the Spring 2018. The course in itself is challenging, but it is possible to learn lot things and get a good grade with just some patience and effort. These are the tactics that have helped me the most in getting a good grade:
- Attend all IOAs in time. You can take help from the book, slides and the internet. It is a good way to study for the chapters before exam. Make sure you review the IOA answers before the midterm and final exams as almost all MCQs and TFs come from them.
- Solve the sample questions before midterms and final. You will find some questions common from them and also get an idea about the actual exam. While studying place focus on things like charts, diagrams, examples, advantages and disadvantages, and relevance within present world contexts. Try to have your concept clear in the topics as you will not always find direct answers to some of the questions in the book and slides.
- For the group assignments and term project be sure to do substantial research work as they can be challenging. Try to have a draft reviewed by the faculty so you can know which parts need correction. You will also get questions from here in the midterms and final. So if you do them properly it will also help you answer those questions.
- Try to get all the bonus points as they can immensely affect your final grade. You get a 3% bonus for attending all classes, 1% bonus for bringing your own laptop during lab sessions and more. You can look at the FAQ section of the website for more details on them.
Hope this helps. If you need any other information or help regarding the course feel free to contact me by e-mail email@example.com. I hope you all have a wonderful semester!
This is how Abid Ahsan Rusho got an A (mis105 @ 2018 Spring) .
I am Abid Ahsan Rusho and I did my MIS105 in Spring 2018 with the charismatic and honourable faculty Mr. Adeyl Khan. The course itself may come off very difficult at first yet if you bear and persevere through you will realize that this course and faculty combination is one of the most fruitful courses.
With several IOAs, Group Assignments, Presentations, Lab Assignments and the usual Midterm examinations and Finals, the course may come off as a daunting task at first. The course will certainly push you to learn in a practical manner requiring a lot of hard work. Regardless, with a good strategy and planning it is easy to get a good grade. The strategies that I recommend are:
- Be serious about the IOAs from the very start. All the IOA answers are all from the Book and FAQ section of the website. Answering the IOAs will help you get a good grasp of the subject or topic that is being taught. Also, knowing the IOAs properly will help you get good marks in the MCQ/True False section of the Midterms and Final exam. 50% of the exam marks can be very easily obtained just knowing the IOAs.
- Have at least an hour or an hour and a half allocated for MIS, if not every day then at least four or five days off the week. Consistency in studying any subject matters.
- Answering the questions of Midterms and Final exam is very easy. Use past question papers and if you solve them then you will definitely be able to answer them properly.
- Try to utilise the faculty's office hours as much as possible especially for group assignments, reports and lab work. He is always there during the office hours for providing you with guidance if you face any problems.
- Try to get as many bonuses as possible. The course offers many bonus opportunities and these bonuses are very useful to increase your overall marks.
- Try to show a draft copy off your reports or assignments before submission date to get A feedback so that you know that you are writing it according to instructions.
- Give full concentration in class. Be sure that you have drawn the diagrams that sir draws on the board as these may come in the exam.
- Overall, the outcomes of this course have been amazing to me. I can literally feel a change in how I manage time and work under pressure. It has taught me how to be more professional in my work approach. These are things that will not only help you in your education life but also in your personal and career life.
Lastly, I would suggest people not to be influenced by bad rumours and reviews. The faculty is an amazing person. If he does give you the so called “pera” it is only because of your own betterment, trust me on this.
If anyone needs any further help feel free to contact me at - https://www.facebook.com/abid.ahsan.56
Best of luck everyone!
This is how Anika Razzaque Hanako got an A- (mis105 @ 2018 Spring) .
This is Anika Razzaque Hanako and I have completed the MIS105 (Computer Information System) under the guidance of most amazing faculty Mr. Adeyl Khan during the Spring'18 semester. This course is not that much hard and it is not difficult in achieving a good grade. If you work hard with sincerity you will be able to achieve a decent grade.
First of all I have faced many difficulties on keeping the IOAs on track. Then I have really worked hard and study regularly and then attempted the IOAs and slowly I am able to do good in IOAs. Attend the class regularly. Be punctual and concentrate in class. Do the lab work on time and submit assignments before due time. Don't miss any IOA or lab. Try to grab bonus points that is offered during labs. Try to solve past papers before Mid terms and Final. Follow website on a regular basis. Consult the faculty during office hours about any problems. The faculty is one of the best faculty in NSU.Wish You all the best.
This is how Saeeda Tasnim Wahid got an A- (mis205 @ 2018 Spring) .
This is Saeeda Tasnim Wahid and I have completed the course MIS205 under the guidance of our dearest faculty Mr. Adeyl Khan during spring’18. This course is certainly not very easy but at the same time it is not very difficult in achieving a decent grade if you are on the right track.
I would like to share a few of my experiences and give a few suggestions to the new students enrolled in Adeyl sir’s classes:
- Firstly I faced a little difficulty in keeping up with the IOAs. Given my busy schedule where I had to deal with other tough courses and several other extra-curricular activities, I always completed the IOAs at the last minute. However, I never missed them. It is very important to complete them, it does not really matter if you score very high as they are only 5% of your grades. The main advantage from completing these IOAs is that you will get to learn & get a gist of the chapter beforehand. Questions from the IOA are often given in the Midterms & finals as well. So finishing them and learning from them will certainly give u an advantage.
- Second, I never missed a class. It is very important to be punctual and to be attentive during the lectures. Having full attendance is rewarded with bonus marks. Also the lectures includes a lot of examples within each a topic. I would suggest to note them down as it will be helpful during exams and assignments.
- Third, I always practiced the previous semester’s respective question papers before my exams. This helped me gain a better understanding of the chapters, the question patterns and of course my own progress. Hence, I would advice you to solve the papers available on this website before your exams.
- Fourth, I have always tried my level best to meet the (explicit) requirements in the GA (group assignments) and the term project. The instructor is very serious and strict when it comes to checking them. Hence, I would request you to do sufficient research and give your 100% when it comes to completing these projects.
- Lastly, I would like to say that dedication is the key. You need to stay dedicated, focused and of course professional throughout the course in order to achieve your desired grade. There are ample chances to increase your score by using various bonus opportunities- lab sessions, class participation, full attendance etc. These bonus points has a huge impact on your final grade.
Moreover, I really enjoyed this course. Mr. Khan was very cooperative and understanding whenever I had any inquiries or faced any sort of problem. The classes were very interactive and fun! I got to learn loads of things about E commerce in reality that I never knew before.
I wish every one of you the very best for this course.
This is how Md Ashraf Uddin Anik got an A (mis105 @ 2018 Spring) .
Assalamu Alaikum everyone,
I am Md. Ashraf Uddin Anik and I hope you are all well by the grace of Almighty Allah. I have completed my MIS105 course with Mr. Adeyl Khan as my course instructor in the spring 2018. I must say he is one of the most amazing faculties so far I have seen at NSU. I considered his teaching style effective and praise worthy although I understand some student find it difficult. Trust me it’s not difficult at all. The instructor provides every little details and even explain it nicely in the class and through this websites.
Technology is ruling the world and you must adapt it as early as possible. Except midterms and final all other assignments are submitted online. You can learn about course policies online. Now let me tell you my strategy for an A. Here is how!
- Concentrate in class, It means you have to put 100% attention so that you don’t need to read those materials at a longer time in your home.
- The lecture include drawings/mindmaps to make you understand. If you draw those graphs then you will be able to recall the whole details in the examination hall.
- Choose your team mates wisely. Allocate the task based on your team mate’s class performance.
- Questions of midterms and final are so easy. If you practice previous semesters question then you will definitely face no complexity. All the MCQ/TFs are from the IOAs and short questions are from the slides.
- You will have to write only one broad question. If you keep your eyes and ears open then you can definitely guess which broad question will come in the examination. And yes, I saw most of my mates did great in MCQ’s and Short-questions but not in that broad question. Why? Because they didn’t put their attention in the class rather they tend to study before examination day. It’s not a good tactics- keep yourself updated with the class. If you do so then you will not find it difficult to complete the syllabus before examination day.
- IOA’s are also very easy and you will get all of those common from the text book. You will get plenty of time to answer those questions. Pick a color ball pen and mark the page related to the MCQ and then answer it wisely. All the time you have to use your head.
- The lab task is moderate. If you find it difficult then visit his office room. The instructor is very helpful. He will surely clear your obstacles by his directions.
- Want to be a public speaker? The course offers three presentation opportunities. Yes, those presentation will definitely make you a better speaker. Don’t miss it.
My suggestion is, take this amazing ride. You will have a lot of fun. This one course can change your ability and can take you to the next level. So ladies and gentlemen OWN IT.
This is how Ishtiak Mourshed got an A (mis205 @ 2018 Spring) .
To begin with, MIS205 is the most fundamental course covering many topic of E-business. If you have interest on the online business sector this course will be the stepping stone to enlighten you with numerous functions and how things work (practically). Furthermore, you will understand and appreciate the various ways national and global business organizations market themselves, operate internally, and connect with their suppliers and customers. The course highlights business applications using the OrangeHRM software and databse using Microsoft Access.
It is needless to say that some of you are dismayed by the fact that you got Adeyl Khan sir as your course instructor:) The Facebook review groups made me feel the same as well but trust me the actual scenario is certainly very different. Yes, a wide range of topics and assignments are covered in a short span of time yet achieving an A is not difficult at all. Here are the things you should do to ensure an A :
- Online Quizzes (IOA): For starters, make sure you buy both the books enlisted on the course outline, all the questions that you will face on IOA’s come directly from the books, you just have to look for the answers at the right places. Moreover, if you can manage to get PDF versions of the books, it will give you an upper-hand for sure. Some IOA’s consist of a large number of questions, just be patient and you’ll be able to finish them within a few hours.
- Lab Work: There will be three lab classes, and make sure you bring your own laptop- you 1% bonus for each lab class. If you need any help regarding the lab assignments and screen-casting, YouTube is the best source. You’ll find previous semesters’ videos, they will come of great use. However, under any circumstances do not submit the videos you’ll find, you’ll directly get a zero.
- Assignments/Presentations: First of all, make sure you have good group members, you are allowed to request for two of your members through the website, make sure to utilize the opportunity. For group assignments, follow each and every objective (from the table of content) and use the best sources you can find on the internet to fulfill the objectives. If possible show your drafts to sir before you finally present and submit your works. Give your presentations in class and try to avoid going to sir’s room for presentations, trust me, it will save you a lot of burden and time. Lastly, submit all the assignments on time be it individual or group.
- Mid-Terms/ Final: Make proper use of your group. Assign each member to solve different past-papers provided on the website. Share answers among each other and study hard. Not to mention, the slides are important as well, especially the different diagrams and tables. As for the MCQ/TF, study each and every IOA properly, the same questions come on exams. A simple strategy I always follow for any course is that I start studying two days before the exam , in my opinion two days is the optimum duration to be fully prepared for an exam and allows you to focus on other courses as well.
To conclude, Adeyl Khan sir is a strict faculty but a friendly and helpful one. Visit him at his office with any query or problem, I am sure none of your questions will be left unanswered.
Good luck! I hope you all have a splendid semester with him.
Reach out to me at https://www.facebook.com/IshtiakAdittya if you need any help regarding the course, I would be more than happy to help you.
This is how Tarafder Muhammad Fahim got an A (mis205 @ 2018 Spring) .
Hey Fellow Mates,
Hopefully you don’t have to look for any other reviews if you go through this one. Here’s some hacks that you have to apply
- IOA Hacks- IOA contains only 5% of total grade. Then again, this is the most time consuming part of the course. I will say, the time required for preparation of this, is worth it because you will get questions from here in the mids and final.
- Lab Hacks- If you don’t understand the Lab class, search YouTube, you will find everything there.Never use the lab computer, Bring a laptop and 100MB Data on your mobile in every lab (You will get BONUS that will come handy if you get poor marks in lab exams)
- GA/Term Project Hacks- Selection of group member is very important. Your projects might get thrown away because your team has written too many “Elomelo-Kotha” there. The faculty will give you an outline, you have to cover each segment in your project with a clear understanding (Google the details for every segment you cannot understand the instructions). You also have to be short and precise. Don’t write long paragraphs. Boxes and Bullet points will be highly appreciated. Join my group to get a raw understanding on how a good quality project should be done: https://www.facebook.com/groups/slidebaba/
- MID or Final Hacks- Solve questions from previous semesters. Most of the time, you won’t get the answers on the slide. You have to Google it. Another convenient way is, when sir solves “Those Questions” in the class, take note on how to solve it. If your attendance is 90-100% you will also get bonus in finals. Which might cover up your poor performance. Go through the GA and Term Projects before exam because you will also get questions from there.
- Bonus Hack ;) It doesn’t matter how poor marks you get, make sure it is the highest in your section.
These hacks should cover it! If you need any special consultation, knock me at: https://www.facebook.com/SirAhmedFahim
This is how Mahnaz Ferdous got an A (mis205 @ 2018 Spring) .
Hello lovely people!
I’m Mahnaz Ferdous. I did my MIS205 course with Mr. Adeyl Khan as my faculty in the Spring’18. It was a sophisticated as well as a fun class. I got an A by following these tactics:
- Attend all the classes. It will bring you bonuses as well.
- Don’t miss any IOA (online quiz) or lab. You need to be punctual about the Lab submission and attending IOAs.
- Be professional and objective in class.
- Practice previous semester’s question paper and prepare well before the exam.
- Follow the website on a regular basis for updates about IOAs, labs and announcements.
Also I would like to say that at first I heard some negative rumours about him, but as i went through the course many of them were proved to be wrong. The faculty is great and has always been helpful throughout the course. As MIS205 is a higher (than MIS105) level course, it was not an easy one. Yet I was able to get a very good grade with my dedication and support. My advice with this course is to have patience and never give up.
You have to study the book in a details to answer the IOA (online quiz) questions. The questions that are present in the IOA’s would also be 60% of the Midterms and Final question paper so it is very much important to solve those before the major exams.
The term project and the assignments are pretty tricky and require some research work, and a good group. As you will be allowed to choose two of your group member, chose wisely and try to work cordially with all of your group members.
The major midterms and final exams will also have questions from the assignments and term project, So working on your group assignment correctly will help you with the exams.
Lastly, you have to attend every class as class examples (and instructions) are really important for labs, group assignments, term projects and bonuses.
Try to achieve bonus points as those marks would immensely affect your final grade. Best of luck for the course and most importantly do not give up even if the situation gets tough. You can do it.
This is how Nishat Nailah got an A (MIS105 @ 2017 Fall) .
Hello good people!
I’m Nishat Nailah. I did my MIS105 course with Mr. Adeyl Khan as my faculty in the Fall’17. It was a sophiticated class and exciting as well. I got an A by following these tactics:
- Attend all the classes. It will bring you bonuses as well
- Don’t miss any IOA (online quiz) or lab. You need to be very punctual about the LAB submission and attending IOAs
- Be professional and objective in class
- Practice previous semester’s question paper and prepare well before the exam
- Follow the website on a regular basis for updates about IOAs, labs and announcements
- Try to grab the bonus points offered by the faculty
If you face any problem regarding the course, please contact the faculty during the office hour. The faculty is one of the most helpful faculties in NSU. You can get help from the facebook page of this course also.
Wish you all the very best. May the odds be in your favor In-shaa ALLAH