Outstanding students and how they did it!
This is how Shahriar-Al-Imran got an A (MIS205 @ 2018 Fall) .
My name is Shahriar-Al-Imran and I have done the course MIS205 (E-business) with Mr. Adeyl Khan as my course instructor in the Fall 2018 semester. I found him as one of the most amazing faculties at NSU. I also found his teaching style to be effective as he uses real life examples to present the topics of learning. I think this technique is the best as it does not involve much memorizing.
Probably you may have heard of the pressure (activities), but I truely did not find much pressure. Why? Because there are a lot of options- You’ll find that only one presentation is mandatory, whereas others are optional. So, it’s totally your choice whether you want to work hard or not. But the fact is, if you work hard and do all the optional tasks, you’ll definitely end up with a better grade than others who did not do the optionals.
Now I’m going to sum up my tips and tricks for this course in a nutshell:
- 1. Class: Attend all of the classes and always be on time. Always concentrate on the lecture. Note down the mind maps/ diagrams.
- 2. Attendance and Participation: Try to maintain full attendance and participate as much as possible. Answer the sudden questions even when you think you might be wrong. Just share what you think about the subject and if you are incorrect.
- 3. Course Website: The website is something you always have to keep an eye on. All the updates are posted in the website and besides, you will get all the slides, IOAs, assignment details, lab details etc in it. So, keeping up with the website is a must.
- 4. FAQ - Read the FAQ at least 2 or 3 times to get acquainted with the rules andrequirements. This will help you to understand how things will proceed throughout the course and you can get answer to most of your questions regarding the course.
- 5. IOAs and Mid/final exams: Give all IOAs. Though some of them are optional, I suggest you to give all IOAs. Because all the true/false and MCQs are given from there in Mids and final. For short and broad questions, practice all the sample questions. It will help you to prepare yourself for Mids and Final exam.
- 6. Bonuses - There are a lot of opportunities for bonus grades. Make sure to get as many bonus grades as possible.
- 7. Lab - Practice the Lab at home before every lab class. Carefully read the study materials provided and if needed, you can go through related You Tube videos. Practicing earlier will help you catch up with the instructions during the lab.
- 8. Paper checking: Always go through the checked midterm papers and find out the mistakes you made. Get help from the faculty if you are confused about the right answer of the question. This will help you to find your loopholes and work on it in the next exam. Trust me, this really helps. Moreover, the faculty is very interactive when it comes to guiding you.
- 9. Group assignment: It is very important to choose the team mates carefully. Try to keep a constant communication with your team mates and see how much work is done. Try to have a clear idea about task at hand. If you face any problem you can always ask for support.
I hope I could clearly give you the idea that doing well is really easy in this course if you are willing to do so. Just do not take anything as pressure during the course and you will be totally fine. You can knock me in my Facebook for further assistance. http://www.facebook.com/shahriar.imran1
This is how Shulagna Sneha got an A (MIS105 @ 2018 Fall) .
I am Shulagna Sneha and I have completed my Computer Information Systems (MIS105) course with our honorable faculty Mr. Adeyl Khan in the semester Fall 2018. From the very beginning, it has been my target to be in the "Hall of Fame" and, by God’s grace, I managed to secure an A.
Throughout the course I have learnt a lot. This course introduces you to the business based Information System. MIS105 might sound a bit of a critical course but I liked it. I thought the course a helpful addition towards my career.
The faculty is quite helpful and easy-going. With adequate efforts, you might be able to secure an A- or even an A. There is a certain pattern I followed during this course that helped me achieve my desired target. You might consider this for a better grade in this course.
- 1) Motivation: I am mentioning this point at first because, many of you might want to drop the course as some people think this course is critical. No course is easy without proper efforts. Don’t attend the classes keeping certain rumors in mind- This disrupts your focus leading you to fail.
- 2) Attendance and Participation: Try to maintain full attendance and participate as much as possible. Answer the sudden questions even when you think you might be wrong. Just share what you think about the subject and if you are incorrect. The faculty might get somewhat crazy with a poor answer but it is going to help you with pointing out your mistakes. And your future answers will be far better.
- 3) Course Website: The website is something you always have to keep an eye on. All the updates are posted in the website and besides, you will get all the slides, IOAs, assignment details, lab details etc in it. So, keeping up with the website is a must.
- 4) Class lectures: Pay full attention during the class. Everything you get in the question paper is somewhat discussed in the previous classes. Try keeping a printed version of the related slides everytime you attend the class to take instant notes and highlighting the points he emphasizes on.
- 5) Slides: The slides are the best way to get a clear idea about the chapter you study. In short, the slides are the answers to the short questions that you face in the exam. Focus mostly on the diagrams. Most of the questions demand diagrams and labelling. So, you need to practice, memorize and most importantly, understand the diagram.
- 6) IOAs: The Multiple Choice Questions in the midterms and final is from the IOAs you attend. For IOAs ,you need to go through the book (specifically the MCQs on the last page of each chapter) thoroughly. You must sit for every IOA exam even for the optional ones because questions come from all of them.
- 7) Sample questions: The sample questions will lead you to understanding the question pattern. After studying and revising every chapter, sit down for a self assessment by solving the sample questions. Initially, you might feel disappointed by your performance. Probably it’s because you are not acquainted with the question pattern yet. Do not lose hope. With proper practice, you will be able to solve it right away. This will boost your confidence and help you stay calm during the exam.
- 8) Lab exams: Make sure to practice the lab activities regularly after every lab class. You might want to take a laptop for getting 1% bonus. You need to practice the lab activity keeping the time limit in mind. With practice, you will able to finish the exam without any confusion. Make sure to check after you upload the files in Google Classroom.
- 9) Midterms: You need to start studying from the very first day if you want to get good grades in the end because the midterm marks really contribute to your grade. Try to keep your copy as neat as possible. You do not need blue or green pens or markers. Keep it simple and impressive. During the exams, you will have more than enough time to write and draw nicely if you study enough to know the answers just as you finish reading the question.
- 10) Assignments : Complete every single assignment and submit it on time. The broad questions in the exam are from the labs and assignments. So, completing assignments is very important.
- 11) Bonuses: Never miss the bonus opportunities. The bonuses will add up to your grades.
- 12) Paper checking: Always go through the checked midterm papers and find out the mistakes you made. Talk to the faculty if you are confused about the right answer of the question. This will help you to find your loopholes and work on it in the next exam. Trust me, this really helps. Moreover, the faculty is very interactive when it comes to guiding you.
I hope that, my tips help you achieve your desired grades and inspire you to be a part of “The Hall of Fame” too. For further assistance, you can freely knock me on Facebook or email me. I will do my level best to help you. Good luck! Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/shulagnasneha Email: shulagna.sneha101--at--gmial (coded)
This is how Iraz Mohiuddin got an A (MIS205 @ 2018 Fall) .
I am Iraz Mohiuddin. I have completed my E-business (MIS-205) course under the guidance of Mr. Adeyl Khan in the semester of Fall 2018. This course covers numerous E-business related topics in a practical way. At first, the workload might seem overwhelming but if utilize your time properly and work smartly you can easily overcome that hurdle.
Here are some tips which you may follow:
- Class: Attend all of the classes and always be on time. Always concentrate on the lecture. Note down the mind maps/ diagrams.
- IOAs: Don’t miss a single IOA not even the optional ones. Mcqs in the mid-terms and final come directly from the IOAs. For doing well in IOAs you’ll have to go through the book thoroughly.
- Mid-term & Final: Solve previous semesters questions for doing well in the Short Questions. For Mcqs and True-False go through the IOAs. You’ll have to understand the Labs and GAs properly for solving the Broad Questions. Don’t miss the review class. If you have any confusion regarding any specific question you can ask the instructor for help.
- Lab assignment: Try to be attentive in lab classes and solve the lab problems during the lab class. If you are having problems regarding screen casting the lab assignment you can take help from YouTube. Be punctual when it comes to submission of the lab assignment.
- Group assignment: It is very important to choose the team mates carefully. Try to keep a constant communication with your team mates and see how much work is done. Try to have a clear idea about task at hand. If you face any problem you can ask the faculty for support.
- Bonuses: There will plenty of bonus opportunities. Try to get as much bonus points as possible.
Lastly, I found the faculty to be amiable, cooperative and someone who expects nothing but professionalism from you. Get to work and enjoy the ride.
This is how Nigar Shahjahan got an A (MIS105 @ 2018 Fall) .
I am Nigar Shahjahan and I have completed my Computer Information System (MIS 105 ) with Mr. Adeyl Khan in the Fall of 2018. First of all, I would like to talk a bit about the faculty. Some students drop the course because of the negative rumors, which is debatable. MIS 105 is one of the challenging courses and requires a student’s own effort besides the faculty’s assistance. I have loved and enjoyed the classes, and have learned a lot from the practical lab classes and group assignments. I have read the previous students’ success stories in the Hall Of Fame on Day 1 and learned that it is not impossible to achieve high grades as long as one gives his/her best effort. My target was to be in the Hall Of fame List since day 1 and I gave my best to achieve my desired target. There are certain tactics I followed to stay focused and achieve high grades, which you can follow as well:
- FAQ - Read the FAQ at least 2 or 3 times in the 1st week of the class, to get acquainted with the faculty’s requirements and rules. This will help you to understand how things will proceed throughout the course and you can get answer to most of your questions regarding the course.
- Course Website - Take time and go through the website, as there are different study materials and information provided that you can utilize.
- IOA - Solve the IOA and the review them before any quiz or exam.
- Slides - Read the Chapters carefully several times to get a clear understanding and read the chapter related Slides. (It is a “MUST”)
- Notes - Make short notes for quick review during exams for you own help.
- Questions - Practice the previous questionnaire, solve them and ask the faculty to check it. Thus, you can easily obtain marks if there are common questions and for the broad questions, you can take help from the internet to enrich and enhance the credibility of your answers.
- Lab - Practice the Lab at home before every lab class. Carefully read the study materials provided and if needed, you can go through related You Tube videos. Practicing earlier will help you catch up with Sir’s instructions during the class.
- Group Assignments - Give effort in Group Assignments. Choose your partners carefully. There is a lot to learn from the Assignments that you can benefit in the long run and will be helpful for further courses.
- Bonuses - Sir provides a lot of opportunities for bonus grades. Make sure to get as many bonus grades as possible.
- Lab/Exam Paper Checking - Check every lab assignment and exam paper after each exam. This will help to point out your own mistakes and prepare better for the next exam.
- Optional Assignments – Do all the optional works (IOA, Lab, Group Assignments) in order to get high grades and even an A.
- Assignment Submission – always submit assignments on time and as preferred by the faculty, in Google Classroom. In case of any technical problem, e-mail the faculty explaining your situation and also physically inform him.
Furthermore, ask the faculty for suggestion and help in case you feel lost or you face difficulty with anything regarding your course. You can meet him during his office hours or e-mail him. The faculty helps his students whenever they need assistance. Remember that it is not only a one sided effort. Every course will seem difficult if there is no effort from the student’s side. Above all, enjoy what you are doing. The classes are pretty funny and easy going, which makes the classes enjoyable. Do not set it in mind that the classes are “Pera”. This negativity can drag you down towards failure.
Lastly, I would highly recommend to stay calm and stay positive till the very end of the course even if it seems difficult. Encourage yourself, do not listen to the negative students and “Never Give Up”. If I can then you can too.
This is how Anika Bushra Lamisa got an A (MIS105 @ 2018 Fall) .
Hope all are doing good. I am Anika Bushra Lamisa. I did the Computer Information System (MIS105) course with our respected faculty, Mr. Adeyl Khan and got an A. I can say that I have actually learned many things under all the contents of this course. The course is basically the introduction of information system in business purposes.
Well, Information system related any topic was always a nightmare to me. When I took MIS105 course, it was quit challenging for me to do this course. During the introductory class, sir introduced the whole course outline and website to us. There are so many assignments and presentations, lab classes, IOAs on
each chapter etc. I felt so nervous and was questioning myself, "Is it possible for me to complete all these?" I had already started loosing my all confidence on this course. But my confidence were backed up again when I started attending the classes and understanding the lecture topics. Also I am greatful to
my faculty because without his help and support I could not achieve the A.
Different person's have different ways of study. I have too and I am here to share some simple tips and tricks of mine regarding this course. Trust me, if you follow these tips, you will ended up with a decent grade In Sha Allah.
- Stay connected with your faculty. If you don't understand any topic, please do contact with faculty. He is always available in his office hours.
- Course website: Always keep your eyes on course website. Because all informations and notices are uploaded on course website.
- Attending all the classes: It is very important to attend all the classes to understand the lecture topics and also important to keep updates on every task such as assignments, IOAs, lab class's schedule.
How to study: The very first rule of studying this course is to keep patience and study hard. It is very important. You must have to take pressure by your own and try to complete all the activities that are given. Spend at least 1hour everyday in this course. I prefer understanding rather than memorizing the topic. You can take help from book for better and clear information. But in some cases such as definitions, you have to memorize all of them.
Bonuses: Don't miss any opportunity of getting bonuses. Don't means DON'T. Do all the activists at any cost to achieve bonuses. That's it.
IOAs and Mid/final exams: Give all IOAs. Though some of them are optional, I suggest you to give all IOAs. Because maximum true/false and MCQs are given from there in Mids and final. For short and broad questions, practice all the sample questions. It will help you to prepare yourself for Mids and Final exam. I hope you will get 90% marks like me.
Assignments and presentations: Are you scared of assignments and presentations like me?? Don't be scared. Just do it with your group members, divide topics, assist each other, work together and stay connected with each other. Assignment should be straight forwarded and relevant to the topic. You can also review your assignment by the faculty.
Lab classes: It is very important to follow all the instructions that is provided by faculty. I repeat, FOLLOW ALL THE INSTRUCTIONS. Try to bring your laptop and do all the activities on it. If you do not
want to take extra pressure, you will need to do at least 60% lab work and submit it just after the class. It will save your time and energy too.
I outlined all the steps that I followed and achieved the A by the grace of Almighty. I hope my tips will inspire you to be a part of this "Hall of FAME". I know you can. Good luck.
If you have any further queries you can contact me through facebook. Here is my Fb link:
This is how Reza Rafa got an A- (MIS105 @ 2018 Fall) .
Hello good people!
I’m Reza Rafa. I did my Computer Information System (MIS105 ) course with Mr. Adeyl Khan in the fall’18. I got A- in this course by the grace of almighty. From this course I learned a lot about MIS
and I can see the future prospect of it. In my initial days of the course people told me to drop this course, but I didn’t because I loved the teaching tactic. The faculty was really helpful during his class. It was a sophisticated class and exciting as well. I got an A by following these tactics:
- Attend all the classes. It will bring you bonuses as well
- Don’t miss any IOA (online quiz) or lab. You need to be very punctual about the Lab submission and attending IOAs
- Be professional and objective in class
- Practice previous semester’s question paper and prepare well before the exam
- Follow the website on a regular basis for updates about IOAs, labs and announcements
- Try to grab the bonus points offered by the faculty
- 99% MCQ & T/F will come from IOA in mid & final all the very best
- Be responsive in class
- Try bringing your laptop during lab classes and do the lab on it. Make sure Sir has verified your lab work during lab classes and noted your NSU ID to obtain bonus.
- Try to utilize the faculty's office hours as much as possible especially for group assignments, reports and lab work. He is always there during the office hours for providing you with guidance if you face any problems.
I should suggest everyone who is doing this course they should ignore the rumor’s. I would like very much to help you studying for the course and feel free to contact me on Email:reza.rafa@nsu
Wish you May the odds be in your favor In-shaa ALLAH.
This is how Md. Ashraf Uddin Anik got an A (MIS205 @ 2018 Fall) .
Assalamu Alaikum everyone,
I am Md. Ashraf Uddin Anik. I hope you are all well by the grace of Almighty Allah. I have completed my Ebusiness (MIS205 ) course with Mr. Adeyl Khan as my course instructor in the fall 2018. I also did my Computer Information System (MIS105 ) course with him in the spring of 2018. I must say he is one of the most amazing faculties so far I have seen at NSU. I considered his teaching style effective and praise worthy although I understand some student find it difficult. Trust me it’s not difficult at all. The instructor provides every little details and even explain it nicely in the class and through this websites.
Technology is ruling the world and you must adapt it as early as possible. Except midterms and final all other assignments are submitted online. You can learn about course policies online. Now let me tell you my strategy for an A. Here is how!
- Concentrate in class, It means you have to put 100% attention so that you don’t need to read those materials at a longer time in your home.
- The lecture include drawings/mindmaps to make you understand. If you draw those graphs then you will be able to recall the whole details in the examination hall.
- Choose your team mates wisely. Allocate the task based on your team mate’s class performance.
- Questions of midterms and final are so easy. If you practice previous semesters question then you will definitely face no complexity. All the MCQ/TFs are from the IOAs and short questions are from the slides.
- You will have to write only one broad question. If you keep your eyes and ears open then you can definitely guess which broad question will come in the examination. And yes, I saw most of my mates did great in MCQ’s and Short-questions but not in that broad question. Why? Because they didn’t put their attention in the class rather they tend to study before examination day. It’s not a good tactics- keep yourself updated with the class. If you do so then you will not find it difficult to complete the syllabus before examination day.
- IOA’s are also very easy and you will get all of those common from the text book. You will get plenty of time to answer those questions. Pick a color ball pen and mark the page related to the MCQ and then answer it wisely. All the time you have to use your head.
- The lab task is moderate. If you find it difficult then visit his office room. The instructor is very helpful. He will surely clear your obstacles by his directions.
- Want to be a public speaker? The course offers three presentation opportunities. Yes, those presentation will definitely make you a better speaker. Don’t miss it.
My suggestion is, take this amazing ride. You will have a lot of fun. This one course can change your ability and can take you to the next level. So ladies and gentlemen OWN IT.
You can knock me in my Facebook ID for any further assistance. Link: www.facebook.com/ashraf.anik.
This is how Nafis Ahmed Raiyan got an A (mis105 @ 2018 Summer) .
On the first introduction class of the course I along with the others students were introduced to the course website. At first I was a bit shaky seeing all the tasks that laid ahead; IOAs, Group Assignments, Labs, Presentation etc. When I returned home that day, I thought of things “step-by-step”, and laid out a study plan for this course. Computer Inforamtion System (MIS 105) is an informative course, you will learn a lot of things about Management Information Systems at a basic level, which is required for the upcoming courses ahead.
These are some of the ways through which you can do good in this course. These reflects my study patterns too:)
Be serious and study regularly from the beginning: This is really important. Whenever a lecture is completed, study the topics discussed there as soon as possible, preferably on the same day. Don’t pile them up to study them at once before an exam. Trust me, if you follow this, you will see you are progressing at a good pace.
Attend the IOAs/ Quizzes with attention. Usually, at least 80% of the questions or types of questions come from these small tests. So, make sure to know the answers to those such questions.
Try to understand the concepts rather than memorizing: Many students do this a lot in this course. I found out the topics are easier if you just try to understand the slides. For that you can take reference from the book, or better yet, Google/ YouTube. You will understand easily. If you memorize without understanding, you will surely forget or scramble everything in your head. You can consult with the faculty during office hours if you’re stuck.
When doing group assignments, keep everything to the point and straightforward, don’t give details that are not wanted by the assignment topic in your report. This will reduce your marks. When doing group assignments, close collaboration is mandatory to do good. Select a group leader, divide the tasks amongst the members; select who will cover which topic, and you will see you will have a good result. You can utilize Google Docs for real time collaboration.
Solve sample questions before an exam: Before a mid, or final, be sure to solve the previous semesters’ sample questions from the course website. Often some of the questions are common and you get accustomed to the pattern.
Cooperate as much as possible with the faculty: Questions? Stuck? Just ask! Go to the faculty during any of the office hours with all of your question and get answers or guidelines. Prepare a draft copy of your GA and show it to faculty to see if you’re on the right track. This will save precious time. Same thing applies in lab classes too.
Try to get as much bonus as possible: Review the bonus policies of the faculty from the course website, and try to achieve each one of them. You will see how they will help you get a better grade. Try to maintain a good attendance. Bring a laptop in lab classes- you will do the lab faster and also get bonus for it.
Before an exam: Review the slides and sample questions, make sure you understand them. And when answering broad questions, right only what is wanted in the question objectively (point by point). Create a mind-map and explain it. You will get good marks.
So there are some of the steps I followed that helped me achieve an A in the course. You can also do it. Just study hard, and regularly. And most importantly, believe in yourself. Best of luck!
If you require further assistance, feel free to knock me on my facebook: www.facebook.com/nafis.raiyan I will do whatever I can to help.
This is how Basher Ahmed Reza got an A- (mis205 @ 2018 Summer) .
I am not going to lie that doing well in the Ebusiness (MIS 205) is a piece of cake. I had to put a lot of effort as it requires a lot of activities some of which I was not familiar with. I had to learn many new things and I had to learn a different way of study.
I am going to make this note very objective and short for you to get a clear idea about the method I followed:
- Attend all the classes. It is very important to attend all the classes because there are many novel ideas in this course.
- Try to have a clear understanding about the class discussesion.
- IOAs’ are very important. You will find similar type of questions in the mid-terms and final exams. If you attend the IOAs’ sincerely and study the questions of IOAs’ properly then you will do well in the MCQ parts in the mid and final exams.
- For the short questions and broad questions in the midterms and the final review the questions of previous semesters. The questions are similar. For the broad question, understand the group assignment.
- It is very important to attend all the lab classes and also the lab exam. You may take help from the youtube tutorials. For the lab exam, follow and practice the in-class practice lab.
- For group assignment reports and presentations- search and collect relevant information. Do not make a direct copy-paste from any source. Even if the presentations are optional, attend every presentation. That will give you an edge while grading.
Last but not the least, you will get a lot to learn in this course. I found it rather interesting and I think it will help a lot in my professional career. Do this course just not to get a good grade but to learn sophistication. Because E-Business is the ultimate future. Hope you all will have a great semester.
To get more help e-mail @ bashar.reza@nsu
This is how Jannatul Ferdouse got an A (mis205 @ 2018 Summer) .
To begin with, MIS205 (Ebusiness) is both a practical and a theoretical course. If you have interest and/or knowledge about the online business sector this course will definitely entertain you. However if you have limited interest and/or is afraid of IS related courses, do not be scared. The course helps you understand numerous functions of e-business related topics in a practical manner. To ace this course you need is hard work and determination. Take it as a challenge and I am sure you will obtain a good grade.
This course is challenging and will require you to study. However, with good strategy and focus it is easy to get a good grade. I hope these tips will help you:
- Attend all the classes, you will get bonus for a perfect attendance.
- Try to be present before the class starts and be attentive,try to answer verbal questions by the faculty professionally and within the context of the topic.
- Do not miss any IOA (even the optional ones). The IOA contains 5% of total grade; moreover 50% of mids and final will come from IOA (online quiz). To prepare yourself for exams memorize and revise IOAs regularly. Try memorizing all the true/false as well as MCQs- it is an easy way to secure good marks. The IOAs are also a good way for understanding the slides.
- For exams, go through the mid and final exam sample question papers of previous years provided in the website. Try to solve them and give importance to the short questions as well as broad questions as similar ones will come in your exams. Try printing the sample papers, Sir might give you bonus for that as well.
- Try bringing your laptop during lab classes and do the lab on it. Make sure Sir has verified your lab work during lab classes and noted your NSU ID to obtain bonus.
- The GAs and the term project are great way to learn in this course practically. Make sure you have a good team and follow the project outline. Before submitting a GA, consult with faculty with your project. He is helpful and will pin point where you have made mistakes and what changes have to be made. Do not be afraid, as the faculty is always available in office hours; make sure to use that to solve all your queries.
- The lab, OrangeHrm and Microsoft access work is easy and for everyone’s convenience video tutorials can be found on YouTube and face book group.
- Try not to wait till the night before exam to start studying; you will need minimum 2 days preparation time to obtain a good grade.
Lastly, the faculty is very professional and expects nothing but professionalism from you. I found him helpful, friendly and a good mentor. You will get a practical experience from this course; learn a lot from the lab class and assignments.
Best of luck everyone. Always remember anything can happen with hard work and dedication.